Australian Philanthropic Services – the leading independent, not-for-profit philanthropic services organisation in Australia – seeks our next CEO.
- Build on a solid foundation and strong, established reputation
- Cultivate growth to increase structured philanthropy in Australia
- Position the organisation as a principal voice in the sector
Australian Philanthropic Services (APS) is the leading independent, not-for-profit philanthropic services organisation in Australia. Our 600+ clients donated over $100 million to charity last year and have committed $1.9 billion to charity held in structures that we support.
APS offers fulfilling ways for people to manage their charitable giving over time using tax-efficient structures called ancillary funds. With APS, individuals, families or organisations can establish their own private ancillary fund (PAF) or a named giving fund (also known as a sub-fund) in their public ancillary fund, the APS Foundation.
APS is looking for a new CEO to continue the steady growth trajectory that our organisation has experienced over the past decade. APS has the right Board, expert staff, a focused business, no conflicts, and an established network.
The purpose of the role is to provide strong leadership to APS and manage the business in alignment with our strategic direction. The role has oversight of all areas of management including but not limited to; strategy, people, operations, financial resources, risk, Board and partnership engagement. The CEO also oversees the performance and effectiveness of the Senior Executive Team.
Experience, knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An affinity, interest or engagement with philanthropy/philanthropic structures in Australia
- A proven track record leading multi-disciplinary teams and an ability to foster a culture of collaboration and unite staff on a common goal
- Senior leadership experience at CEO or Director-level, preferably in a wealth advisory, philanthropic or self-managed superannuation administration organisation
- Strong operational and financial experience, in order to understand sustainability and risk mitigation
- Financial services background or senior leadership experience in a related sector (a significant advantage)
- A relationship development mindset, including the identification and engagement of a diverse, sophisticated market and engagement through a range of channels
- Proven strategic thinking skills, with the ability to develop and deliver strategic innovation
- Demonstrated success in building for scale, digital and operational transformation
- Experience in the boardroom with financial professionals and sophisticated philanthropists (an advantage)
Australian Philanthropic Services is partnering with People for Purpose to lead the search for this role. We invite you to read the position description here.
Once you have absorbed this information and undertaken your own research, please call People for Purpose on 0468 625 252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions.
To apply, please submit your CV as well as a cover letter outlining why you are interested in representing Australian Philanthropic Services and how your skills and experience align with this opportunity.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 16 January 2022.